+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Being notified for a new thread in the forum

Being notified for a new thread in the forum

Hello,

I just checked again in the forum parameters, but it seems that it's not possible to be informed when there is a new thread which is posted ?Is that correct or did I miss something ?(RSS is not useful for me, RSS requires people to check and do not allow receiving email if I am not wrong)

Thanks in advance,
    SpectrO

Administrator
    Hello SpectrO,

it is possible to have this feature for your account. However, it needs to be set up in the administrator backend of the forum i.e. only the nucleonica team can set it up.

I have added your e-mail address in the backend so you should receive an email for every new thread/post in the forum from now on.

If any other users would like to have this notification feature, simply write your e-mail address in this thread or send an e-mail to info@nucleonica.com

Best regards

Thanks so much,
    SpectrO

Email alert following forum post

A further aspect of this discussion is to allow users who make a forum post to receive an email alert when someone replies to the post. Every registered users can set up this feature in his/her own account as follows:

1) Login into the forum with your username and password
    2) Click on the "General" link to go to the forum posts
    3) At the top of the page you can see the options: "Notifications" "My Profile" "Settings" and "Log Out"
    -> Click on "Settings"
    4) In the navigation panel on the left hand side click on "General Setting" under My Settings - My Account
    5) In the middle of the page you can see the section "Messaging & Notification"
    There is a Dropdown menu saying "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
    6) Change the DropDown to "instantly, by E-Mail"
    7) Scroll down to the bottom of the page
    8) click on "Save Changes"

Now you will receive an e-mail everytime someone replies to one of your threads.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCells View Post
    {...}
    Now you will receive an e-mail everytime someone replies to one of your threads.
    Thanks HotCells,

I was searching to be informed of EVERY new threads/posts (and not only the one I replied to or I post).

SpectrO

+ Reply to Thread